Homework

2014

Literacy

Students are to read each night from a range of texts such as newspapers, novels, magazines, poetry etc.
Students are expected to record the Author, title and number of pages read each night into their diary.
Students are also expected to have completed the puzzle in their diary each week.
It would be beneficial for your child’s comprehension if you could spend time discussing the text.
Students should be reading for approximately 30 minutes each day.

Numeracy

In Maths students have been pracitsing their mental arithmetic and problem solving using some specific short methods.
When possible have your child demostrate their number knowledge. I am sure you will be impressed by the speed in which they are able to work out the following problems using these methods!

Problem: Add 9
Method: Add 10, then subtract 1

Problem: Subtract 9
Method: Subtract 10, then add 1

Problem: X by 10
Method: Add a nought

Problem: X by 100
Method: Add 2 noughts

16 thoughts on “Homework

1. Hi Miss John
    I like doing all the strategies but I like doing times more because th numbers can get bigger as you learn more. Bye !

2. Hi Miss John,
    Dad and I went on the cyber safety website and we did the quiz together. My dad thinks that the most useful resource is the 8 – 12 year old section.
    From Zara 🙂

3. Dear Miss John
    I like doing some of the strategies, and I am really good at some of them
    BYE!! From Charlie 🙂

4. Hi Miss John,
    I was trying to do my home work when I realized that you can’t get into students s out of school
    OOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

5. Hi miss john I love homework. Taking my net book home is awesome I am so excited to do my presentation about why Australia hopefully I am doing a poster I already asked my grandpa some information.

6. hi miss john i love homework it so cool I’ve already done my poster it has strikers paint and information its so cool bye see you on Monday bye from sally

7. Hi Miss John!
    I have been practicing my strategies almost every night and my favourite one is probably 4X and Halving! I still feel confident with all of them!!
    Tara! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

8. Hello Miss John,
    I love getting home work,
    But my favorite bit is when you give us big assignments that we have to do,
    I find that really fun.

9. Hi miss John can we decide bringing homework about kitchen garden and did we make the truffles things…? Or was I not there on the day

10. Hi miss John can we decide bringing homework about kitchen garden and did we make the truffles things…? Or was I not there on the day. 🙂 😀 😛

11. Hi Miss John,
    I really like naughty stories for good boys and girls. I think that the rest of the class will love it.

Ella-Rose

12. Hi Miss Jhon this is what I have been practising …….

READING
    I have been reading a book called mermaid wishes and I have been reading my school books that I boried from the library. I took a little time to flip throug my diry and I hardly noticed that I have been riting (I miss Luke